Old 11-17-2007, 10:24 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Rising Cost of Gasoline and the Historical and Biblical Basis of the Middle East Conflict

There were a few things I had forgotten about, namely the route of the name "Semites." I think a lot of life lessons can be gained from all of this. Cheating and stealing from others can cause grudges and fighting that goes on for generations. Cheating on your spouse will come back and haunt you. The children from such a fling will resent their half siblings as they are not accepted as wanted. Reading though the relationship of Jacob and Esau always gets me irritated. Jacob was a very dishonest person to have stolen Esau's blessing and birthright, but Esau should have been smarter.

It also strikes me as ironic how God kept blessing such an immoral person as Jacob. He pretty much broke just about every commandment applying to how you treat other humans (granted they weren't written yet). He did not honor his father's wishes, he covitted his brother's blessing and birthright, he stole Esau's blessing, he committed adultry. About the only thing he didn't do is kill anyone (at least not from what I can remember).

You're right Jeremiah, when you look at the history it explains why these people are constantly fighting with each other. Some of the same problems are in my mom's family. My Grandfather and his brothers and sisters were constantly fighting about the most stupid things throughout their whole lives. They would fight over the feeling that my Grandfather was the favorite of my Great Grandparents. The only real evidence of that was how my Great Grandmother rejected my uncles' chooses for their spouses, and honestly I can't say that I blame her as they are not very friendly people and have contributed more than their share of the division. Even after my Grandfather died, the fighting continues as they pick on my mother who is a very friendly person. I'm getting tired of hearing them call her names and insult her everytime she tries to talk to them. All I have to say is if they ever treat her with disrespect around me, I will remind them about what my Great Grandmother had said about them, because I'm really tired of this childish behavior. My Dad's family is over double the size and yet everyone gets along like best friends, so why can't those nutcases in my mom's family get a life.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts