Old 11-17-2007, 01:47 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Rising Cost of Gasoline and the Historical and Biblical Basis of the Middle East Conflict

I remember that as well joeyr, the thing though is although Esau might have forgiven Jacob, it doesn't mean that the generations later won't resent and want revenge after they see the land and properity that they should have had. I know in later reference they make references to his decendents fighting with Jacob's.

Axle, my advice is look to look at Paul's letters in the New Testament. Under his older name Saul, he assisted in the persecution of Christians and God forgave him. All you have to do is ask for God's forgiveness and you will have it. It doesn't mean though that bad things won't happen as a result of the earlier mistakes, but at least you will be forgiven by God which is more important than anything else. Something I have found is that God normally uses people that have previously been living a life that is the opposite of the way God taught us. Many of the people I have known that head a lot of pro-life organizations are actually women who had abortions and later decided it was the wrong thing to do. God might have something special in mind for you. As for the section in your second post that Jeremiah discussed, you are right. The problem is a lot of these other books inspire violence and encourages revenge. The problem that these people fail to see is that constant revenge against each other is going to lead to a never ending war that will continue to exist until the end of time itself; unfortunately as Jeremiah pointed out, they won't trust the Bible because they have been told it is false and many follow a book of propoganda that encourages death. It's very sad.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts