Old 11-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bless and give Thanks to the men and women of the Military

This past week I was watching one of my favorite shows these days in "The Unit". It is about a special forces group that does not exist and their battle on terrorism. That was one of the toughest TV episodes I ever watched. One of the regulars on the show was killed in another country and they showed how they brought him back and prepared his body and told his relatives and had the burial service. I had a lump in my throat during the entire episode. I just cannot imagine what it must be like to real life to lose a soldier and what his fellow soldiers must go through during this tragic time.

Within a few days I received one of those emails that I seen many times but in case you had not I wanted to share it. I have seen the changing of the guard many times at Arlington Cemetry and if you ever go, make it a special point to see it.

I give thanks to all who are serving and may read this post overseas and elsewhere. May your Thanksgiving be a happy time to you and your family even though you may far apart. Thanks for all that you do. May God also bless you richly and keep you safe.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/F8613970396D4C10BE5DEE30EBD613D7.jpg[/IMG]

1. How many steps does the guard take during his walk across the tomb of the Unknowns and why?

21 steps. It alludes to the twenty-one gun salute, which is the highest honor given any military or foreign dignitary.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/4E38959D274241FBABAEDB75957DC020.jpg[/IMG]

2. How long does he hesitate after his about face to begin his return walk and why?

21 seconds for the same reason as answer number 1

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/78233AC4FB134C88893442BCAF89A3AD.jpg[/IMG]

3. Why are his gloves wet?

His gloves are moistened to prevent his losing his grip on the rifle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/3739DE89D2144C5E9094B6683E70FB3B.jpg[/IMG]

4. Does he carry his rifle on the same shoulder all the time and if not, why not?

He carries the rifle on the shoulder away from the tomb.

After his march across the path, he executes an about face

and moves the rifle to the outside shoulder.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/BDA0AC9B60EA4990B88D284C5ADDA5FC.jpg[/IMG]

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.