Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dearler Markups - The same rules apply.

Just for clarifcation, if you were referring to my comment about retiring broke, if somebody can afford the car that is great. I do not resent anybody for what car they buy.

My comment I made also in another post had to do with people that are so caught up with a particular car ( I have seen it a lot with Vipers) that affects
how they live their lives along with their wife and children to the point that they make horrible financial sacrifices for the sake of owning a car.

When you buy a car like that, I truly believe a person priorities are not aligned properly. People should not buy a car they cannot afford and as a a result are living in
a shack of a house.

Now the Challenger is different and has always been affordable in the past. That being said, I know that here are some people on this forum that will
buy a Challenger in the $40-$45k range and cannot afford it.

Bottom line: I think people should live within their means. If you have to get a V-6. Make a wise financial decision, and not one that will take you 4-10 years to recover from.

See this post I made back in June of 2006 as I used to be a financial planner and I liked helping people out:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3972
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.