View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:32 PM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forbes - Chrysler Needs Smart Plan

Yeah I was thinking about this today, and I'm thinking...hmmmm.....Chrysler made a profitable and attractive company by the decisions it made in the 80's, one of which was to offer three Brands (I won't digress, as most of us know what the associated demographic targets were for each one), Daimler either assists or allows the Chrysler branch of its then Corporation to falter.

So in an attempt to do something, anything, it questions the judgment of those who originally effectively managed the company well enough for it to be attractive in the first place and kills off Plymouth. I hope there are some Cerberus eyes on this forum and reading Forbes. I think that guy was spot on with Plymouth is a needed brand to allow Chrysler to be the luxury branch again. A Chrysler voyager is not a T&C. And for people trying to drive something a little swanker, they need some queues and clues. Some need that reaffirmation.

Bring back Plymouth go back to the the pre-Cerberus days, and ditch some of their brilliance, it obviously didn't work in the late 90's and 00's. Why not shake it up.

If they've brought back the star, why not bring back some of the other things. Borrow from successes of the past and create innovative approaches to test in the future.