Thread: Come on in!!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Caprice SS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Come on in!!

I'm Eric from Richmond, VA.

My car is a '94 Caprice Classic that's been turned into my version of the Caprice SS. Not many people know that a Caprice SS was actually produced by GM. It was an export-only vehicle to parts of the Middle East. Over there, an Impala is nothing but an animal but the Caprice name is revered for it's excellent cooling system and comfort, so they got the Caprice SS. It's really an Impala SS with the impala logos stripped off, along with both catalytic converters. Anyway, I happened to know the part numbers for the Caprice SS side scripts so I ordered them and put them on the car. It's worthy of SS status since I can pound an Impala SS pretty handily now. My car's site is listed in my profile.

My girlfriend has an '96 Impala SS with similar mods. She enjoys working on her car. In fact, she put the rear-end gears in her car, along with the headers. Quite a woman, and beautiful too!

At the moment the clutch packs are gone in the trans so a buddy of mine gave me 92 Ford Probe that was sitting in the field at his farm. I had it roadworthy for just a couple of hundred bucks and it's my daily driver until I can get the Caprice back on the road. It's difficult to save up though because my money is going towards a cruise to the Carribbean, ex-wife, etc.