View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:55 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KITT=MUSTANG...That's just wrong

One picture I saw showed it in an orange color. I don't like this either. I would do one of four things: 1. get an 2006 GTO and make K.I.T.T. out of that, 2. get a 2002 WS6 Trans Am and use that, 3. Fix up an 80s Trans Am and use that just as the Dukes of Hazzard used the same model Charger in the movie as in the show, or 4. Go with a Challenger (I'm sorry but I'm bias towards the Challenger and think you all know why).

The current Mustang does not make sense to use. K.I.T.T. was not supposed to be a classic muscle car in its styling and technology according to the story line, he was supposed to be the car of tomorrow and the current Mustang hardly looks like the car of tomorrow from both the exterior and interior, plus Mustangs are used all of the time these days in movies, how about something different for a change (I'm really getting bored of seeing Mustangs in every single movie). The WS6 Trans Am could fit since it does look higher tech on the exterior and he interior looked modern. The 80s would fit because that is what they used in the series. The GTO although it used warmed over styling could work after a few exterior mods as it looks more futuristic than the current Mustang. Although the Challenger is based from the classic Challenger. There are parts of the Challenger that look high tech and could work (but I know that will never happen but I can dream can't I).

Regardless which car they use, K.I.T.T. should be all black. Keep it as close to the series as possible is my theory. I also question the use of a model that has KR for last two letters to its name, maybe for K.A.R.R., but not for K.I.T.T.

Whats next The A-TEAM in vw beetle?
No, my guess is they would use a Sprinter.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts