Old 12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brawn Without Brains: Once Again, Detroit Tries to Move Forward by Looking Backward

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Jeremiah/RLSH700, this is exactly the type of guy I was referencing in this post

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m..._/tm.htm#19174

Self righteous and self important. Apparently he hasn't seen the sales Ford has had going retro? In 30 years when they're not making some econobox throw back, will anybody wonder why? I'm surprised this guy isn't clamoring for retro Chevette. What a putz.
That one GM model that he was praising as looking sharp does remind me of the Chevette, how about you? Ford was doing well with more practical models back in the 90s, but in the process they destroyed their reputation with those models as they were badly plagued with weak transmissions (Taurus), bad head gaskets (all Ford 3.8L models), weak paint, and eventually catfish styling (Taurus & Contour). The Mustang is the only one that has remained successful as it is unique...for now...

I really get tired of those people as well. They tend to be as you put it self-righteous and self-important. I wish they would get a life and let us enjoy our cars while they putt around in their hybrids.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/7E72D85EF0F6420891D7EDEA3100F6F0.jpg[/IMG]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts