View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate Tuesdays as much as Mondays

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

I understand what youre saying, especially from a college student standpoint.

When in college, i played for the hockey team, and we practiced late at night on Monday and Wednesday night from 1030pm to 1230am. During my last few semesters, due to my need to work while in school, I had classes only on tuesday and thursday, and on tuesday, i had the following schedule:

9-10:15

11-12:15

1-2:15

2:30-3:45

4-5:15

5:45-8:10 (this class was comprehensive tax...it was terrible.

my thursday was the same, except i didnt have a night class on thursday.

however, with my line of work now, every day is just as bad. im sure that sounds ridiculous, but every day is the same BS for us...even weekends.
Ouch! That would drive me crazy. So you work weekdays and weekends. Whoa! The two of you are gluttens for punishment.

ORIGINAL: joeyr
Agreed, RLSH700. I have a final in finance in a few hours . I only had classes on Monday and Wednesday this semseter, from 8-3. The class I had in advertising was on Tuesday night. I had to drop because of an accident I got into a few weeks back. This spring I'll go Monday thru thursday (I'll miss having that schedule).
I hope that went well. Finance was not one of my favorite classes, but I did well in it nevertheless so I can't complain too much. I was never able to put all of my classes all on two days. It's been a long time since I've had Fridays off. If you don't mind me asking what accident did you get into with your advertising class? Did you bomb on a major project or exam or something along those lines?

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
HP financial calculator
Aren't those ones you can only use on a computer (meaning no physical calculator, just software)? If so, the problem with that is when it comes exam time, you're up a creek.

stevelegel, good point. It does depend on whether or not you like what you are doing for your job. I know I'm probably strange but I like work and hate college. I don't find college enjoyable as I don't have very much money coming in and it feels too redundant without seeing some actual results of my work. After the day is done, I can't sit back, drink a soda, watch television (or go to the forum and write) while feeling "I've made a change for the better in the world. I've impacted somebody's life in a positive way. I made a real difference for the better that can be measured."

In college, it feels so vain and empty. I do these projects, but they don't actually do anything. The only one's I've felt good about was the one where we do it for a local business who needs help in their marketing. Since many of them are so small that they cannot afford to pay for a marketing firm, it feels good to give something back. The one I enjoyed doing the most was a small newspaper who my Grandmother writes articles for on life issues. She was trilled to hear about this project as she and the owner are friends.

I really enjoyed my internships. My bosses where excellent and the pay was nice as well. I learned more in those than from my overpriced courses. I could test to see what things work and what things don't work. I could see the results of my work as well.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts