View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:46 PM
joeyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate Tuesdays as much as Mondays

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Forgive me, you had the end quote a little off and it needed to be adjusted (personal pet peeve). Now to the topic, why would they want to take Wednesday off instead of Friday? Friday is far more logical as people can enjoy a three day weekend. I'd hate to have that set up. It just isn't right if you ask me.

I'm sure you did well. I think I remember vaguely about you mentioning a car accident I guess it must have been somewhat bad if you weren't able to make it to class (or you were at least without a car at the time). Group projects are like that. I had three group projects this semester and boy do I dread group work. The one group was okay, but the other two were so lazy. They would never meet when we agree to meet. They would leave me to do most of the work. They would put everything off for right before class and sometimes it wasn't finished. You can get away with that in gen. ed. classes but you can't do that in senior level classes especially when the instructor has a Ph. D and likes to remind you of that all the time as if that makes them God or something.

Glad to hear you are optimistic. Marketing is a fun field. That's what I'm finishing up. Good luck to you on that.

Sorry about the quote mark. Our area after Katrina has been recovering, albeit slowly. Friday is usually a day where the prospective students would come by to check out the campus. So with the campus basically devoid of students (UNO is a commuter school) they felt by having class on Friday will give potential recruits a look of campus life. And with campus at roughly 3/4 of pre-Katrina levels they are trying new things. Nobody really likes it. But we’ll see.

About the accident, it wasn’t really my car it was my mom's, I have been saving for the Challenger since I’ve seen it, but I’m starting to wish I had would have brought a bucket until then. I had my license for a roughly two years, but I had experience from my young teens. I was getting a ride from my mom to get to school early and this lady hit us into the back of another car… while we were at a stop no less. My mom’s car was totaled, but she recently got a Jetta Wolfsburg. Everyone in the family seems to drive it more than her. But I’m just glad she wasn’t fatally injured.

And your right about groups. I had a group like that last semester. It wasn’t pretty at all. One time someone promised to turn in an extra credit assignment and all we had to was give him our part, but he forgot, and because of that I was ended up with a B+. If I had turned my portion like I wanted to I would have been fine, but I was trying to help the group. They were struggling.