Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Forum

ORIGINAL: Michaelgggg

I think it is the family plan. Bottom line is the price was a few hundred dollars under invoice, didn't have to haggle with sales rep. I definitely like the challenger and hope to get one, but will be patient if needed. The mustang gt convertible totally stock is not a bad car at all regarding performance, if you consider that I am getting 17-18mpg in the city and 22-24mpg on the highway on regular gas and a sticker price that is lower than the challenger. I am not sure but I think you have to run premium gas on the larger hemi-engine and city mileage is probably 12-14mpg in the city. More than likely, Dodge will have improved versions of the challenger in a few years just like Ford is doing with the mustang.
Well, I can't testify as I don't have any 6.1L Hemi powered cars...yet..., but yes it is recommended. You can probably run regular safely thanks to knock-sensors, the only thing is it won't be able to run at its full potential. I think the fuel mileage ratings on the 6.1L are a little underrated as I remember in some comparisons that the different magazines have done showed similar or better results than other V8 powered cars that had much better ratings. The best indicator would be to ask an owner of an SRT-8 Charger, Magnum, or 300C.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts