Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

2008 Cuda?

Old 10-28-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Cuda?

ORIGINAL: MOPAR_MAFIA
...as I find out more I'll let you know..
Please do!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Hi again,

and yes they are curently working on body panels and tail lights, everything to transform a challenger to a 'Cuda, and I have also been told that DCX is working on introducing a 2 door Charger soon they are testing them now... also he brought home a 6 speed srt-8 charger today the transmission is sweet and I expect it to be the one they use in the Challenger..

as I find out more I'll let tyou know..
Thank you for this very interesting info, MOPAR_MAFIA! Is the 2 door Charger going to be just a coupe version as say the Pontiac Grand Prix coupe was to the Grand Prix sedan in the 1997-2002, where they look the same and offer the same powertrain line-up (minus the base 3.1L that was only available on the sedan). Do you know if the 6-speed was the T-56 Tremec?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 PM

I drove the 2 door charger this weekend and the six speed is alot smoother than the vipers. It basically is a 2 door version of the 2007 charger
Old 11-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, thank you for the info. Then I have a whole series of questions in response. Please answer as many as you can.

Any news on how likely they are to offer it? Also if they offer a coupe version, is it going to be only offered with the SRT-8 model or will it be offered on all models? Are they also thinking about renaming the sedan something different? Do you have any clue what manual was offered in there and how much it improves the acceleration time by? Will the manual be offered in the sedan as well?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 PM

I will answer as many as I can. as far as I know the manual will only be offered in the SRT-8 model. as for the coupe version I was told it will be offered in all models and they will not change the name of the sedan. as for the trany I am not sure which one it was, but I have driven both the srt-8 charger and 300c and the manual charger felt way faster in all areas cornering, acceleration and from 60-100, it was overall way better and the clutch was smooth short throws and nicely gated. I will up date when I hear more.. the only other news I have is about the caliber SRT-4.. it is suspended indefinately because of severe over steer they can't get that power to the ground with out flying into the guy in the next lane.. I suggested AWD..
Old 11-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Administrator

im very interested in this "2-door charger"...ive heard nothing, anywhere, about there being any intention of producing a charger coupe...
Old 11-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

I will answer as many as I can. as far as I know the manual will only be offered in the SRT-8 model. as for the coupe version I was told it will be offered in all models and they will not change the name of the sedan. as for the trany I am not sure which one it was, but I have driven both the srt-8 charger and 300c and the manual charger felt way faster in all areas cornering, acceleration and from 60-100, it was overall way better and the clutch was smooth short throws and nicely gated. I will up date when I hear more.. the only other news I have is about the caliber SRT-4.. it is suspended indefinately because of severe over steer they can't get that power to the ground with out flying into the guy in the next lane.. I suggested AWD..
Thank you very much for answering my question the best to your knowledge. So about the Caliber SRT-4, are you saying that they will not produce the SRT-4 or they will wait until they can put an AWD system with it do to the extreme torque steer.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Administrator

i find that odd, since ive seen them on the road around here...
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 PM

hey everybody, I've been away for a while, lets get right into it.. the caliber srt-4 has been suspended indefinately because of severe torque steer, yes there are a few floating around most of them are test vehicles but a few may have made it out... and I didn't say they were making it an AWD I said I suggested it to my friend at the R&D center, because that would solve the problem but that in no way means thats what there doing. I have no new info on any other vehicles, they(friends at the R&D center) have been very tight lipped about whats going on at there facility becasue the bosses have reamed them out about info leaking onto the internet(probably from visiting this site), but anyways as I hear stuff I will post it..

Thanx, Colin
Old 12-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you again for that info. BTW, over at DF we noticed that in the new Avenger's listing on Dodge.com, they listed a 300hp I4, does this mean they might offer the turbo I4 with the Avenger. Also, with the SEMA concept of the Sebring, they offered a 4.0L in the Sebring. Do you know if there are any chances of that happening?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: 2008 Cuda?