Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

2008 Cuda?

Old 11-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Cuda?

Almost....maybe a flashing led thing on the hood that goes back and forth, a button that allows me to jump off the road (and does a better job of post shoot edits where the ramps aren't ridiculously visible as the car returns to terra firma) and some prissy metro sounding synthesized voice that talks to me as I fight bad guys and contemplate best selling LPs/CDs in Germany

OR

Just the entire female cast of Baywatch. Nice.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

Not to be a "hater" or anything, but this thing just screams OVERKILL! Less is more...

Gimme a stock Challenger and I'll be perfectly content.
"OVERKILL"...... in what way? Design?
Looks pretty consistant with the take the Challenger made from the original.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:35 PM

my thoughts on the 08 cuda are: build it man......... just build it right and sexy. we are at the dwan of a muscle car era again and i am happy because its about time people start to consider looks of a car and performance instead of building a plastic bubble with 4 doors.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Not to be a "hater" or anything, but this thing just screams OVERKILL! Less is more...

Yeah ! exactly, OVERKILL ??? The reason why myself and many others are even interested in the Challenger is cause it is the closet thing that we can get to a 'cuda. As nice as the Challenger is if we had a choice many of us would prefer a 'cuda. If they do the logical thing and make one then the more choices we have the happier everybody will be. And please let them make a retractable hardtop too.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 AM

OVERKILL:
1) 22 inch ghetto looking rims that every low-rider in every inner city would kill to have on his dropped `94 Accord...
2) This concept looks NOTHING like the ole Hemi `Cuda (in my opinion)
3) Two-tone paint?? Why don't you just put woody sides on it too? The black carbon-fiber hood and the yellow body color just don't do it for me (OVERKILL).
4) Awkward looking driving lights that just don't look like they belong on the car. The 2005 - Present Mustang GTs exemplify what driving lights should look like on a "retro-styled" pony car. And since Chrysler is still busy trying to play catch up on the Mustang (as usual) maybe they should take a page out of Ford's playbook and re-design the driving lamps to make it look like the driver didn't go down to his local Auto Zone and buy the cheesiest-looking aftermarket ones he could find.
5) Really stupid /out of place looking attempt at a hood scoop. It looks like it should be on a UFO or somethin'...

ORIGINAL: ED1971PA

Yeah ! exactly, OVERKILL ??? The reason why myself and many others are even interested in the Challenger is cause it is the closet thing that we can get to a 'cuda. As nice as the Challenger is if we had a choice many of us would prefer a 'cuda. If they do the logical thing and make one then the more choices we have the happier everybody will be. And please let them make a retractable hardtop too.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:32 PM

1) Rims are easily changed. Not a big deal in my eyes.
2) I disagree. I think it takes a lot of cues from the 1970 Cuda. It's an admirable start to what COULD end up being refined and explored further.
3) A lot of the originals had the "blacked hood" and hockey stick/strobe stripe. I wouldn't call it "two tone" paint. (BTW - the paint on the "concept/show car" is orange pearl, not yellow.)
4) Again, not perfect, but re-creates the original image. It's a "concept/show car", not a production car.
5) For the Ford lovers among us, that's called a "Shaker scoop" and was VERY popular on the original MOPAR muscle cars.

The 2005 - Present Mustang GTs exemplify what driving lights should look like on a "retro-styled" pony car. And since Chrysler is still busy trying to play catch up on the Mustang (as usual) maybe they should take a page out of Ford's playbook.......

Current car: 2005 Ford Mustang GT coupe
That pretty much sums it all up.......

I'm not surprised to see your Ford-biased rhetoric in this (and every other) thread you've posted in come rushing out to rear it's ugly head again. If you're so disappointed by the efforts of Chrysler LLC and those of us who express creativity and appreciate TRULY outstanding HEMI powered (AKA - non-forced induction, huge horsepower) muscle cars - past AND present - you're always welcome to post in any Mustank Forum that might be looking for a "pot-stirrer". Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand why you'd bother to share your "incredible depth of automotive knowledge and insight" on such an intellectually-challenged group as we dodgechallenger/forum members. Is it to educate us, or give yourself a false sense of self importance?

I'm always intrigued by people who extend an extra effort to alienate the people they choose to have surrounding them, ....... but not so much that I haven't heard enough already. Thank you.
Added to my "blocked" list (which is now up to three - a very elite group! Congrats!).

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/3003158398E84C169DF743F7EC5BE133.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 AM

WOW! Someone has some issues...like maybe one too many Mustangs have blown your doors off and you're having difficulty letting it go so you decide to take it out on me? Do you go off like this with everyone who disagrees with your point of view BootCamp? I apologize if I don't possess the same advanced automotive knowledge and expertise that you do, Mr. Goodwrench!

You are actually right about one thing here though: I do have a bias for FoMoCo products, but as I've stated all along I am in no way married to them. That said, I love the Challenger as much as the next person and have up until this point felt free to express my own opinions and beliefs regarding cars (both Ford and Chrysler). All I was trying to say before getting my head bitten off, was that this new HEMI `Cuda concept in my humble opinion is a bit OVERKILL! Several others on this thread asked why I described it as overkill so I answered them. Is that OK with you?

That's right, put me on your blocked list and close your mind to other people's ideas and opinions. I'm willing to be that philosophy has served you well in life....

1) Rims are easily changed. Not a big deal in my eyes.
2) I disagree. I think it takes a lot of cues from the 1970 Cuda. It's an admirable start to what COULD end up being refined and explored further.
3) A lot of the originals had the "blacked hood" and hockey stick/strobe stripe. I wouldn't call it "two tone" paint. (BTW - the paint on the "concept/show car" is orange pearl, not yellow.)
4) Again, not perfect, but re-creates the original image. It's a "concept/show car", not a production car.
5) For the Ford lovers among us, that's called a "Shaker scoop" and was VERY popular on the original MOPAR muscle cars.

The 2005 - Present Mustang GTs exemplify what driving lights should look like on a "retro-styled" pony car. And since Chrysler is still busy trying to play catch up on the Mustang (as usual) maybe they should take a page out of Ford's playbook.......

Current car: 2005 Ford Mustang GT coupe
That pretty much sums it all up.......

I'm not surprised to see your Ford-biased rhetoric in this (and every other) thread you've posted in come rushing out to rear it's ugly head again. If you're so disappointed by the efforts of Chrysler LLC and those of us who express creativity and appreciate TRULY outstanding HEMI powered (AKA - non-forced induction, huge horsepower) muscle cars - past AND present - you're always welcome to post in any Mustank Forum that might be looking for a "pot-stirrer". Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand why you'd bother to share your "incredible depth of automotive knowledge and insight" on such an intellectually-challenged group as we dodgechallenger/forum members. Is it to educate us, or give yourself a false sense of self importance?

I'm always intrigued by people who extend an extra effort to alienate the people they choose to have surrounding them, ....... but not so much that I haven't heard enough already. Thank you.
Added to my "blocked" list (which is now up to three - a very elite group! Congrats!).

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/3003158398E84C169DF743F7EC5BE133.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-07-2007, 06:47 PM

ya know, I like just about any kind of muscle car. Each has their strengths and weakness. While here, can we focus on the common good of each and fore go the rhetoric.

Now when it comes down to it we pretty much all know the 'Cuda will not be built. It does not make economic sense for Cerebus. In fact, the Challenger may have a short run if Chrysler is not smart about it. So, can we please just get along and enjoy/admire what someone built as a piece of art.

It is sad enough for me to know the 'Cuda wont be built, but please let me enjoy the vicarious enjoyment of others without the unbridled sentiment; Especially for some of us old timers who either still have or miss their "Cuda" ride.

-Phil
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 AM

Let's see, I own 2 Mustangborginis (1986 Ragtop and 2007 GT500), 2 Corvettes (1969 427 4 speed and 2007 C6 Ragtop 6 speed paddle shift) and I will own a 200? Challenger, I like them all and I drive them all, without cars from each of the Big 3 it would be a lonley world on the Horsepower Highway, so stop argueing and start driving.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

i have to REALLY disagree with the comment about the hood looking awkward...there is no hood in mopar history that is more sought after than the shaker.

Quick Reply: 2008 Cuda?