Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

The Return of the 'Cuda?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Return of the 'Cuda?

I don't think it will happen. I think it would be a mistake to badge this as a Chrysler. It will just cause confusion and irritation between Plymouth, Dodge, and Chrysler fans. I think if they want to resurrect the Cuda, they should use the Cuda to resurrect Plymouth as well. The Cuda should be less flashy and more cost effective while the Challenger should compete for the more premium market.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 PM

It could happen easily. All you so is develop a trim package for the Challenger called the "Cuda". There is no way they resurrect the Plymouth line but heck...one car on the same platform with some stylized differences is not that hard. I guarantee they would sell 'em. That's the determining factor.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one that will go the way of, how much of a demand the Challenger will have. If the interest should wane, then a good shot in the arm Cuda, would be the remedy. If marketed right and packaged right, I don't see how it could lose.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:17 AM

Bring back the 68-69 Roadrunner and I'd buy two !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Actually I think that robust Challenger sales will promote a Cuda introduction rather than weak Challenger sales. Lackluster sales would indicate that a muscle car lineup is not marketable and I predict that the company would not want to pursue it.

Fact is that all the excitement around Challenger (I think) guarantees brisk sales and the corporation could promote a Cuda badge with confidence of a positive response from the marketplace.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Could 'Cuda just be an upcoming Challenger replacement concept? Kind of like taking Ford's approach to different Mustangs every few years.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I meant what 2007HemiCuda said. Like Ford, when the newness wanes and 2 years in they need a little more interest, BAM... Concept Cuda. Like the Mustang just change grill, bumpers, taillights and decals. Running works would be the same. Smart on all fronts. And yes we would need good sales in the first 2 years to further the LY platform additives.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 AM

It's possible. I think Ford has diluted the Mustang with too many flavors but I think there is room for a few different trim packages.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 AM

it would definately be in the record book fo the hotttest car ever .........nxt to the challenger of course
lets just hope they do it rite because the charger wasn't really what i expected but its al right i guess[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

It could happen easily. All you so is develop a trim package for the Challenger called the "Cuda". There is no way they resurrect the Plymouth line but heck...one car on the same platform with some stylized differences is not that hard. I guarantee they would sell 'em. That's the determining factor.
The problem with doing this is that it would cut into the Challenger's production numbers. I can't see this happening. Also by doing this they are limiting their success potential by not offering them both. It simply does not make sense to make the Cuda a premium package level offering since again the Cuda was supposed to be the more cost effective option between the two cars.

The reason why I suggested this is Chrysler needs Plymouth back to save the remains of Chrysler's luxury image and to help offer a discount king when cars are getting more complex and expensive.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: The Return of the 'Cuda?