Old 12-18-2007, 09:03 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDITORS' NOTEBOOK: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt, Day 1

Again, I remember the old 90's style mustang had a Bullitt edition which begot the 68 coming back...interesting they should try again, and this guy is throwing the gauntlet, I know the challenger will certainly put it through the paces!

http://blogs.automobilemag.com/62239...y-1/index.html

EDITORS' NOTEBOOK: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt, Day 1
EDITORS' NOTEBOOK: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt, Day 1
Posted Yesterday 12:01 PM by DGluckman
Filed under: Car Ramblings & Reviews, Rusty Blackwell, Ford, Coupes

2008_ford_mustang_bullitt_front_three_quarter

Read Rusty Blackwell's comments on driving the 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt.

• Get a Free Quote • Find a Local Dealer
2008_mustang_bullitt_gas_cap

I absolutely love this car, even though I know it's pretty cheesy, [probably] way too expensive, and based on the now-aging current Mustang generation. It looks crazy sinister with its dark green paint and American Racing-style wheels, and the deletion of a spoiler and foglights streamline the package nicely. The standard Mustang exhaust note is made even more sultry by the upgraded exhaust. The manual gearbox (five-speed only, unfortunately) has great, positive action and a comfortable, vintage-looking knob. The engine-turned aluminum-finish dashboard covering looks pretty slick, too. I could do without the BULLITT badges between the taillights, on the door sills, and on the steering wheel, but I guess Ford needs to brand it clearly to make this car stand out from all the other bazillion special-edition Mustangs in history.

2008_mustang_bullitt_rear_three_quarter

Aside from possibly the Ford GT, a modern car hasn't shoved me into the 1960s (in a good way) quite like this Bullitt. Of course, classic rock is the only permissible sound track ... I cranked the tunes last night when Steve Miller's "Livin' in the USA" came on Sirius's excellent Classic Vinyl station.

All right Dodge Challenger and Chevy Camaro: your turn! I can't wait for this battle royale to finally get going.