Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many Put $$ down on the new Challenger?

ORIGINAL: dodgesales
Alot of you out there don't think the "greedy dealers" are going to sell these for that big of a profit but it's happening. Everyone out there is going to sell for a huge profit and all of us little people who can't afford one right now will have to look at those who could afford them with envy.
That won't last long, Bud.
My understanding is that with the restructuring of Chrysler LLC under Cerberus, the overstocking of dealers with vehicles that they can't get rid of (and were forced to accept/sell) will be tapered to a trickle, and the cars they CAN and DO sell will be available as the market demands. I believe this "Euro-nese" philosophy is what has worked so well for the overseas automakers and kept them in the black while the Big Three have been writing with red ink.
The demand for the Challenger will be met by Dodge with the appropriate number of cars and the price will be reflective of that.

I think the "dickering" we're accustomed to with buying US brand/made cars is going to change as well. There's less room in the Japanese stickers to deal and I think you'll see a similar adjustment made to American cars/deals in the very near future.