Old 01-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why folks want to purchase a challenger

I want something that looks like a classic muscle car, accelerates like one, but handles like the new cars, gets better fuel mileage, starts and runs well when I turn the ignition key, and has a few of the amenities that the new ones have. I'd rather be driving the car more than working on it. Everyone reaches their threshold for nostalgia - when it becomes more of a nuisance to maintain the classics than the satisfaction you get from it. I don't have the time or inclination for maintaining a classic anymore. I want to drive it more than I want to turn wrenches on it.
I'll be getting everything I want from owning a classic muscle car by buying, driving and enjoying a 2009 Challenger. It reflects my style, my need for performance, and my desire for greater efficiency than the classics. It's a reflection of my personality.
Bootcamp, very well said and I totally agree with everything. I still remember going to college in my Challenger during the week but would have to take the tools to it on the weekend and have it ready by Sunday night in time for classes on Monday morning. That was not fun.

However, when the warranty runs out our our truck, I wouldn't mind in my spare time putting a wrench to it for looks and performance but only when I do not have to depend on it as a daily driver. I do not always have the time or tools to do the really cool stuff and maybe I can have somebody else do that stuff.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.