Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why folks want to purchase a challenger

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

I remember the Busch car series being Pony cars...but seems kind of odd that Dodge wouldn't promote the Chally in Nascar Nextel? Right? I mean the Avenger (a non-coupe medium sized car would get billing...seems strange that a performance coupe wouldn't be slotted for the throngs of people watching to stir the buzz a bit more, right?)
It depends on what body style NASCAR approves, and they only rule on what's submitted. Dodge would have to submit the Challenger for NASCAR approval - at any level - BUSCH, ARCA, Nextel Cup, etc. Since the Challenger isn't officially a "production car" yet, Dodge can't put the body in front of NASCAR for approval yet.
Personally, I don't see it happening for Nextel Cup anytime soon (if at all) because of all of the retooling they just did with the Car Of Tomorrow (Sprint Cup bodies), but it COULD happen with BUSCH in a year or so.
There's a LOT of money, time and energy sunk into new packages when they come out - especially in the wind tunnel - so the teams aren't eager to change very often.

Bring on the 2008 NASCAR season! I'm ready.
[sm=bounceybounce.gif]