Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Lutz declares "No more camo on the Camaros!"

Good stuff Paladin! I was reading a Camaro blog earlier this morning (probably the same one, not sure exactly). Anyway, I looked at a number of member comments regarding the interior design and the overwhelming majority outright hated the new Camaro interior. Personally, I found it to be a nice departure from the cheap, plasticy-looking interiors that "adorn" most earlier Camaros. A buddy of mine, in fact, has a `98 Z28 and everytime I hop in the cabin it just screams "CHEAP".

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

So why the HECK haven't we seen a production Challenger yet?

For the cadre of camera wielding auto spies chasing the 2009 Chevy Camaro, life has just gotten a little bit easier. Mere hours after a new batch of spy showing a camo-covered Camaro hit the interweb, Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper posted a message to the GM Fastlane Blog declaring that all pre-production Camaros would be stripped of their camouflage from now until production starts. Apparently, Bob Lutz decided that the camo was causing too much interference with cooling and aerodynamic testing and it needed to come off. Since everyone pretty much knows what the Camaro looks like already, it won't make much difference, but here for your edification is the first official pic direct from GM.

[Source: GM Fastlane Blog]

Gallery: 2009 Chevy Camaro - spy shots