Old 01-04-2008, 01:18 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

So cnn.com and jalopnik.com saying Challengers going for $20k over is a lie too?
Absolutely not! I'm SURE there are plenty of fools with more money than common sense who would pay well over MSRP for a first model year Challenger. My 11 year old could have made that statement and been right. He doesn't even have to "do the math".
There's a sucker born every minute. If there wasn't, everyone would wait until the 2009 Challengers came out to buy one.
Dodge has a marketing plan to get this car rolling quick out of the gate - and as always, there's some unscrupulous salesmen just dying to see how easily some people can be separated from their cash.
Why limit yourself to one make when you can gouge Mustang fans for an MSRP + $15K Shelby too?
Wherever there's fish, there's gonna be sharks.

What bothers me isn't the fact that you mark up cars well over MSRP - I understand that you'll get what the market brings for the product, and there are always people with more disposable cash than brains. It's the fact that you salesmen know very little about the product your selling, claim to have facts, and then come in here and try to sell us a load of crap to enhance your income when WE undoubtedly know more about the Challenger than you do! We've been discussing everything about it for over two years now. Your information is new to you and riddled with half-truths that suit your needs as a salesman. We have a passion for this car and we've studied it - out of appreciation for automotive excellence, not for financial appreciation.

Why not just post in the newbies section; "Hi, I'm Anthony at Akins. If you're looking to buy a 2008 Challenger, feel free to email me at anthony20Kovermsrp@akins.com ".