Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

ORIGINAL: BootCamp
Didn't Dodge state that pricing for the 2008 Challengers would be very close to that of the Chargers? Since that info was dead-on, wouldn't it be safe to assume the same would be true of 2009's?

Look at the current 2008 Charger pricing and add 2%. You should be extremely close to the stickers on similarly trimmed 2009 Challengers.
You'd think a knowledgable salesman would have known/said that.
Like I said, no information has been given out. If you want me to whip numbers out of thin air and tell you yes, it will be similar to Chargers, then I will. The fact is, I don't know what prices are going to be. At this point in the game it would only be an assumption. I don't see how you can insult my intelligence and integrity as a sales consultant because I don't know information that has not been announced.

Being a sales consultant, you should know "trends and tendencies" in the industry, and the tendency is for prices to rise roughly 2% per year on established (not new) model prices.
Dodge stated the expected price well before the official announcement right after Thanksgiving. That was we should expect it to be very close to the Charger pricing. In fact, the $37,995 price of the 2008 Challenger SRT8 was HIGHER than the $36,355 of the Charger SRT8 (by 4.5%/$1600, but that's negligible in the grand scheme of things).

I didn't insult your intelligence. You insulted ours.
However, your integrity was in question when you made - and continue to make - statements like "we'll be getting three 2008 Challenger SRT8's - two in orange and one in black", and then further go on to say "....we figured will alot us 3 for the year" in a subsequent post. Or when you said "Right now, across the US, there have been over 6000 pre-sales taken, but they are only making a run of 5000. Do the math...", and then subsequently state "They have told us 2008 production numbers will be around 4700 units for the US" in another post. OR when you said "My dealership just hasn't started doing pre-sales until this past week. We wanted to wait until official pricing was released and we found out how many for sure we're getting." You're still contradicting yourself. YOU made your integrity questionable, not me. I just pointed these "discrepancies" out. Go ahead and be angry with me for reading your posts AS YOU wrote them.
I know it's an election year, and politicians flip-flop on issues daily. But damn, man, you could have looked at what you wrote before you made another post with different numbers. The numbers you're throwing out there appear as if you indeed "whip(ped) numbers out of thin air".

Look, most of us have done our homework and KNOW what's going on with this car. There are members here who are "connected" to Dodge and the process that's unfolding here (please don't ask WHO those members are or what roles they play - we don't want anyone crucified for sharing little tid-bits here and there and they end up losing their jobs).
The simple fact is we've had several salesmen come in here and stir the pot, solicit sales, and ruffle quite a few feathers in the process. We're not here for that. When the numbers you state are contrary to what Dodge has announced ("under 10,000 units"), and you're making it plain that your dealership is looking for $20K over MSRP, how do you think your statements will be received? With a warm, fuzzy group-hug?
Most of us have contacted dealerships for information and trying to get on a "list" to buy this car months ago. MOST of the dealerships didn't know what in the hell we were talking about when we did. Now that dealerships have a little solid information on the "availibility" of this car because the order banks are open, we expect the usual d