Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 PM
AnthonyAtAkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

ORIGINAL: BootCamp
Didn't Dodge state that pricing for the 2008 Challengers would be very close to that of the Chargers? Since that info was dead-on, wouldn't it be safe to assume the same would be true of 2009's?

Look at the current 2008 Charger pricing and add 2%. You should be extremely close to the stickers on similarly trimmed 2009 Challengers.
You'd think a knowledgable salesman would have known/said that.
Like I said, no information has been given out. If you want me to whip numbers out of thin air and tell you yes, it will be similar to Chargers, then I will. The fact is, I don't know what prices are going to be. At this point in the game it would only be an assumption. I don't see how you can insult my intelligence and integrity as a sales consultant because I don't know information that has not been announced.

Being a sales consultant, you should know "trends and tendencies" in the industry, and the tendency is for prices to rise roughly 2% per year on established (not new) model prices.
Dodge stated the expected price well before the official announcement right after Thanksgiving. That was we should expect it to be very close to the Charger pricing. In fact, the $37,995 price of the 2008 Challenger SRT8 was HIGHER than the $36,355 of the Charger SRT8 by 4.5%/$1600), but that's negligible in the grand scheme of things.

I didn't insult your intelligence. You insulted ours.
However, your integrity was in question when you made - and continue to make - statements like "we'll be getting three 2008 Challenger SRT8's - two in orange and one in black", and then further go on to say "....we figured will alot us 3 for the year" in a subsequent post. Or when you said "Right now, across the US, there have been over 6000 pre-sales taken, but they are only making a run of 5000. Do the math...", and then subsequently state "They have told us 2008 production numbers will be around 4700 units for the US" in another post. OR when you said "My dealership just hasn't started doing pre-sales until this past week. We wanted to wait until official pricing was released and we found out how many for sure we're getting." You're still contradicting yourself. YOU made your integrity questionable, not me. I just pointed these "discrepancies" out. Go ahead and be angry with me for reading your posts AS YOU wrote them.
I know it's an election year, and politicians flip-flop on issues daily. But damn, man, you could have looked at what you wrote before you made another post with different numbers. The numbers you're throwing out there appear as if you indeed "whip(ped) numbers out of thin air".
All right, lets see if I can put it reasonable terms that you might understand. When automakers make cars, do 100% of the car's go to the US? No, some go to Canada. I just talked to my inventory manager this week, who said he just talked to our Dodge rep who said it was looking like the US would get about 4700 units for the 2008 SRT-8's. The numbers I posted have been backed up by CNN.com. That's a pretty credible source last time I checked. Just because you didn't catch that I said "in the US" don't blame me.

Personally, like I said, I could care less if I sell a Challenger. Yes, it would be nice, but it's not really a car you go out and push on people. If someone wants one, they're going to buy one. If I get lucky enough to get the phone call or up the customer, so be it.

I'd be happy to sell one at sticker if my dealership would let me. A sale is a sale. 80% of my business I do by repeat and referreals.

I'm not the one who decides the mark up, so quit bashing me like I'm the one who decides the price point. I'm just trying to earn a living and do my job. J