Old 01-05-2008, 02:50 PM
AnthonyAtAkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins
All right, lets see if I can put it reasonable terms that you might understand.
Now WHO'S insulting WHO'S intelligence? By the way, its "who's insulting whose intelligence."
I'm not some bumpkin who just rolled off of the hill and landed in here. Neither are the majority of members in this forum. We know that Dodge never committed to a specific number other than "less than 10,000". We know that as of right now, LLC has no plans to ship the Challenger overseas. The allotment to Canada is reflective of the manufacturing location, and LLC's affiliation with our northern neighbors. The numbers to Canada will reflect a percentage of the total number made - again, still unspecified.

Like I said before, IF you want to LEARN about the product your dealership is selling (and God knows MOST of the car-buying public would prefer to buy a car from someone who KNOWS a LOT about it and can answer their questions without checking with someone else) and improve your chances of actually selling one (and making a good commission in the process - if you get more than one 2008), you're invited to read the threads in here and gain some insight.
You're a bright guy. You should know better than to put ALL of your eggs in one basket. We doubt anything unless it's verified by multiple/reliable sources (not just CNN). Don't take one source as "gospel"......unless it comes directly from Dodge.
So what Dodge directly told my owner, and he in turn told me, isn't directly from Dodge? I'm failing to follow your logic.

As I said, our ordering manager told me he was on the phone with Dodge to try and find out how many we are for sure getting. We have 3 on order, but the Dodge rep told him that of the 2008 SRT-8's it was looking to be about 4700 units to the US.

I don't know what else you want me to tell you. I'm relaying the information directly from him off the phone from Dodge. That is our most up to date information as of Thursday at the dealership pertaining to how many of the 2008 SRT-8's will be made.

I'm not lying, I'm not trying to misinform the market to drive up mark up.

I told you I joined the site because I happen to like the car and wanted to talk about it. I put my dealership's name in my name to give me an excuse to check at work during down times or breaks.