View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Simulation Racing

If you really want to do simulation driving right (scrap those 3 displays) you need to get one of these from Alienware:

http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-...another-planet

Don't get all frothed up quite yet because it's still only a prototype, but this sweet doublewide curved DLP display with LED illumination from Alienware will reportedly be available in the second half of '08. The curvature of the 2880 x 900 rez screen mimics peripheral vision, and in action the performance seemed pretty flawless to our Crysis-dazzled eyes (official specs report less than .02-millisecond response time). We did notice three faint vertical dividing lines that appeared to indicate four sub-panels making up this screen, but we may be willing to suspend disbelief in exchange for the potential of indulgent wrap-around immersion. There's not even an inkling of an MSRP on this thing yet, but you know we're gonna be keeping our eyes on it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/6A7E2E99F63D43228BC7661B398E84B4.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.