Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

$41K, you will need at least $20K more and good luck finding and honest dealer as they are all crooks. I don't understand why Nissan can stop the excessive dealership markups but Chrysler has said that they have no control. I'm very close to going in another direction..
Whether dealers will get away with charging $20+k over sticker for the GTR remains to be seen... I know Nissan said they plan to be vigilant about markups, but I remember that finding a 350Z at MSRP in 2002 and early 2003 was a very hit-or-miss proposition. It seemed to depend on what market you were buying the car... There seemed to be a lot of guging in SoCal, NorCal, Florida, parts of TX, etc. but if you went to someplace like SC or NC, you were more likely to find MSRP dealers. Some would pay MSRP, a few others were paying $40k and a small few even near $50k for theirs. A good number of people paid $2500-$5000 over MSRP. And Nissan was cranking out a lot more Z's than it looks like Dodge is going to do. The one good thing is that people who pre-ordered the car tended to get the car at MSRP. I hope that's what Dodge is doing?