Old 01-19-2008, 09:27 PM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000!

I've been watching and recording the B J auction all week.

I think the 400,00 is a generous bid for first car and charity. I think it sucks for the winner that Craig Jackson upped the bid on the guy who was pretty much the only bidder. Sad that the Corvette went for a million, but that was over hyped for the charity and Jay Leno, and that the Mustang got lots of time and money too. Challenger was late in the night, and almost did not make on TV before the EST midnight finish

Maybe bodes well for us, as I still contend the SRT 8 (2008's) were ordered up by dealers and not necessarily buyers with money, and that relatively few have gone across ebay for "gouge over sticker" pricing.

As to B J coverage...10 hours live means 7 hours of commercials and 3 hours of cars.

I think the bidding was down because the stock market is down and buyers are coming to their seneses about B J hype. and weird customs and Miami vice race boats are of little interest anyway

I think junk is junk...robo suarus for example.

I think Shelby, Camaro, Chevelle were favored by editors/directors as to what got air time.

I hated that the auctioneers would prolong bidding well past when the bidders were quite finished. Took up way too much time, generated little more money, and was way too much drama where there was none.

I happen to collect Little bird Stuff. I wanted to tape the little birds. Some went through and I taped those. Sadly, even with my B J catalog in hand and watching the cars in order leading up to T bird...they often (not exactly always) cut to commercial during Thunderbird on the block.

Same stupid commercials over and over and over.

I am glad to have seen Challenger and get it on tape. Typical of on stage announcers know nothing, talk like experts...car was rushed.
Steve