Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000!

Watched it while studying. I continued to watch, waiting for the bid on the Challenger. Man it was late and as soon as it went through... I went to bed. ZR-1 625 HP 1 million $$$. General Lee went for over $400,000. New Mustang of some sorts of specialty $450,000. Just goes to show you some people have more money than good sense. But these are your high end car collectors and not really kin to us. WE collect cars when nobody else wants the gas hogs. Then we restore or keep them in good shape until these boys decide they want in on the action. They don't drive them for the most part and treat them as an investment. I don't look at the bottom line, I collect what I like and can afford. Then somebody with money comes along and offers outragous amounts of money for what I and others have been taking good care of. Sorry but BJ auction brings out the worst in me. I watch for the cars, some overdone and some just really well kept. There were some really nice 50's Chry. and Dodges. Well I refuse to let BJ determine what I like in cars and make me less likely to drive and enjoy my cars. I have my cars to drive and thats what I will be doing in them. Hitting the streets and enjoying the whole cruise to work. So bug butts beware, I am on the road and loving every minute of it These cars are meant to drive and flex their muscles, so lets do that and let the kids see what beast roamed the streets in the GOOD OL DAYS.