Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
HEMI04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Production vs Concept comparison pictures

ORIGINAL: jockomikey

The specification and options sheet lists the hood scoop as functional. This does not mean it has the flaps, just means air can enter. The Charger SRT8 is also listed as functional...

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

not to bust anyone's bubble, but the mesh in the hood scoops is correct, as they will be non functioning due to liability reasons. I do hope the final production models exhaust tips conform to the teaser pictures also. Don't expect any deliveries before mid summer as these cars aren't ready for the production lines yet.
i noticed the srt8 chargers window sticker said that too! what liability is the other guy refering too??? i don't understand why they didn't go butterflies. they were designed to open ONLY at WOT. IMO the 03-04 mach's shaker is more of a liability (hydro lock) than the butterflies would have ever been in the challenger. I'm well aware of all the bends in the shaker but it's "on" at all times no flap opens or closes on it. small percent that it would seize up but who's to say it can't happen on the mach's. oh well what's done is done. i know i'm going to have fun modifying it myself even if the butterflies don't go aftermarket. i hope they make after market side mirrors for them. the concept are alot shorter than the silver ones.