View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:09 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Addicted to the rush of the race

it happens every day, thousands of times, all over the world. everywhere with cars has "street racing", but since our government cant figure out how to handle any of the other REAL problems like homelessness, unemployment, drug use, alcoholism, etc...they instead decide to go after anyone who they feel is street racing.

mercedes benz and auto union used to test their cars head to head on public roads...as did ford motor company against other US companies.

the government makes it out to be this enormous epidemic just to help justify the costs that are poured into stopping it...so they blow the situation WAY out of proportion so that when they catch one or two of the people street racing, they can FINALLY say that they are accomplishing something...then again, while they are sitting at car shows in repossessed cars, waiting for street racers, drugs are being sold to children...rapes and murders are being committed. its good that theyre sitting around waiting for street racers...because thats the REAL problem in this country.

this area has a handful of street racing enforcement officers, and one has a built black camaro SS. theyre doing such a great job of stopping street racing, that i saw two cars tearing down an empty stretch of road this weekend at WELL over 100 miles an hour.

law enforcement has gotten to the point where too many of them are no where near as smart as they think that they are, and the real criminals have gotten smarter...so the police struggle to solve any real crimes, so instead they lurk the streets watching for short burst races from a stop light...

but the media, with the help of the police, post these horrific stories about street racing gone wrong...even though hundreds if not thousands of what they call street races take place daily without any incident....more murders take place in detroit each day then street racing accidents, yet they dont bring light to the fact that they cant slow down the drug or gang problems, but they have no problem hassling kids with quick cars.

ive been involved in hundreds of street races...ive never been in an accident and ive never gotten cited for it...although those were more often in my younger days. i used to street race in a car with my name on the door, and the police still couldnt figure out who drove the white car known around my old area for racing all the time (and winning). the best is when they would send some narc to the place where we all hung out...some middle aged turd in a mildly built mustang, wearing a bulletproof vest...who shows up and says something like "whats shaking guys...where are the races tonight"...

then again, the people who are killing themselves racing are the idiots who do it on crowded roads, in traffic, etc...almost all of my racing was done in the middle of the night in the middle of no where.

a 1993 civic ex getting to 100 fast? his first gear didnt work? must be a nice car that he was racing in... sounds like two kids who dont know how to launch, so they went "from a roll"...