Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: Litning1

I can't believe Dodge is trying to push this out at 40K+! What are they thinking? You are losing a whole segment of buyers buy pushing it into this category. I really want one, but at 41K+ I have to seriously take a look at a Nissan 350Z. It's only 30 to 32K. I'll wait until 2009 to see how they do with the 6 speed manual, but 41K for just the base model [&:], if you want say air-conditioning or a seat, it's going to end up costing you upwards of 48 to 50K, and that's just stupid, because now you are into the BMW category, and people who are going to spend that kind of money on a Car, are going to buy a BMW or something along those lines. Dodge's market segment was always the blue-collar guys who wanted a car with performance, reliability and it had to be affordable. 41K+ doesn't meet the affordable category. They need to sell this in around the 30-35K range.
41K for this (and the first year isn't even standard transmission) is not a good idea [:@]
ORIGINAL: Cuda340
The 2008 SRTs are pretty much loaded. There are only a few options.

For those not willing to pay $40K for an SRT, there will be an R/T and a base V6 models in 2009. Prices should be more affordable- similar to that of the Charger.
Relax, Matt. The SRT8 is the top of the line trim level and is the only available flavor of Challenger for 2008. That's going to comprise all of about 4 months of production. The 2009's will include an entry level (SXT?) Challenger with a 6 cylinder, an R/T with the new/improved 380HP 5.7L HEMI (and optional 6 speed TREMEC manual transmission), as well as the top of the line SRT8 with it's 6.1L, 425HP HEMI in 5 speed autostick or 6 speed TREMEC manual transmission. I'm guessing the prices to start for the base model (SXT?) at around $24K, the R/T should start around $31K, and the SRT8 base price will remain around $38K. Plenty of aftermarket parts will crop up quickly. You can personalize whatever level Challenger you choose to start with.

First time on the track - you jumped the gun and "red lighted". We'll call that your "Mulligan". No harm, no foul.