View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joker dies at 28

Well said MGDMike. We live in a celebrity-obsessed culture and I for one am damn sick of it.

An ACTOR, I don't care how well he acts, is not a hero, and is not to be idolized. A multi-million dollar celebrity is not a hero and not to be idolized. A hero is someone who gets up every morning to provide for their families and contributes a valuable trade to society in the process. A hero is a health care worker who works tirelessly to save lives. A hero is a policeman who protects us, a fireman who rushes into a burning building to save a life, a teacher who educates our children, a soldier who fights for our freedom... all for no glory and very little money - THEY are the ones to be celebrated and idolized - NOT some spoiled-brat celebrity ACTOR who "couldn't handle" the rigors of fame and fortune (give me a break!).

I don't give a whit how well someone can act, if they piss away golden opportunities and talent that many people would give their right arms for like this Ledger guy did, in my book, he's not an "icon", he's a LOSER. Plain and simple.

Harsh? Maybe. On the money? You bet your arse it is.

That is all.