Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Wedge Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Lutz declares "No more camo on the Camaros!"

Pray for me, I sold my wifes 68 RS327 Camaro in 1997 for $1500 and now she thinks I owe her a 09 Convertible to settle the score. I'll admit, I do regret selling the car and wish we had it back right now, SO I COULD SELL IT AGAIN! Nothing like the feeling of watching a Chevrolet leave your garage never to return, kinda the same way I felt when my sister finally got her own place and I could actually use my own bathroom again. Anyway, the 09 does have sex appeal, but I thought the whole idea behind muscle cars was a masculine gesture? I know, the Challenger came out in Panther Pink and Plum Crazy but even in a dress and high heels it still looks like it will kick your ass! The bottom line is the 425 hp HEMI will still show the tail-lights to the 400 hp 6.0 in a 1/4 mile! I think they will put a 6 speed in the Camaro and that bothered me at first because the Challenger will be 5 speed only until I found out why, the 6.1 CRAPS Tremecs (6 speeds)! The 5 is the only box that holds up behind the brutal torque. The viper box would add a great deal to the STICKER and first year out they want to be competitive, the 6 speed will eventually be optional. Feel kinda bad for the inaugural owners as the 2nd run will be a better run unlike the 1970 that ruled the Roost.