Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ferrari unveils ethanol-powered sports car

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Yes I agree. From what I have read, using butanol would be more beneficial as it can be used without special upgrades to the fuel system. But the problem is cost. It cost a little more for refining than ethanol. I would have to look it up again, but I believe that butanol has one more carbon added to it than ethanol, but is made from the same stuff.

Also, like I said before I need to research more on this as it has been awhile, but I didn't see anything about butanol being used for diesel fuel as where ethanol that have E95 for diesel fuel. I am sure it can be done though.

on a side note, I just read your sig, funny. Now if you were to get your PhD you could have your BS Piled Higher and Deeper.
I think it has two more carbon atoms if I remember correctly. I'm confused by what you are saying? Your talking about ethanol being used for diesel? The only thing I have ever heard for a substitute for diesel was biodiesel which comes from soy bean oil if I remember correctly.

LOL! I'm glad you like my sig. The saying that I had for Ph. D was Pile High Dummies, but your suggestion also works.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts