View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Addicted to the rush of the race

Good points, gradual increases are the way to go. I'm not entirely sure if punishing the parents via prison is the full extent of what I'm suggesting, maybe more of a "it's your kid and your responsibility when he or she messes up" meaning slapping them with fines and punishing the brat. I really get sick with what kids get away with these days. I never tried any of that stuff because from a young age my father drove into my head, "you will respect authority and obey the laws like it or not." When my father told me to do something, it was to be followed no questions asked. I'm not sure though how to get parents to be real parents again other than to put the fear back into their minds that if their brats aren't under control, they will be in the slammer with people who might give the term some undesirable meaning. To a degree, the law needs to get out of the way of preventing parents from being parents. From what I find, the laws trying to prevent child abuse does not stop it from happening, it just punishes good parents and lets the truly abusive parents off free to further abuse.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts