Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"?

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

I have a few problems.
1. CAN'T DRIVE(I'M 14)
2. DON'T HAVE A CHALLENGER.
WON'T HAVE A CHALLENGER.
DAD WON'T GET ONE FOR A FEW YEARS.
3.We could involve all mopar muscle for the dreamers and not dreamcatches.
4. I LIVE IN IDAHO.
WEDGEHEAD AND I WOULD HAVE A BIG DRIVE TO DETROIT OR WHATEVER.
5. MAYBE IN A FEW YEARS WHEN I HAVE MY LIECENSE, AND MY DADS CUDA, I CAN GO.
1. You'll be 15, close to or more than 16 when the summer of '09 is upon us.
2. Having a Challenger isn't required to go to the Rendezvous. You're a Forum member, right? Heh, you might even be able to "rent" a Challenger to ride to the Rendezvous by that time - another option.
3. We have lots of MOPAR Muscle rallys around here. This is the dodgechallenger.com forum. While we have the same passion and loyalty for our cars as our "brethren", this would be unique to Challengers. BUT - there's nothing to say we couldn't hook up with any existing rallys that may be occurring at the same time in the same area.
4 I live in Upstate NY. It's a long trip around the great lakes to Michigan for me too. I was trying to 'give us all a reason to physically get together in one (fairly) centralized location. Since Detroit/Auburn Hills IS the birthplace of the Challenger, and somewhat near the middle of the country, I thought everyone converging there would be like watching "all of the salmon swimming upstream to where they were born to spawn". And again, having it in Detroit would be a possible lure in getting the designers as well as the Dodge heirarchy to attend in whatever capacity they would be able/willing.
5. Maybe you could talk your Dad into taking you in his Cuda or Challenger (or rental car).

Anything's possible if you THINK it is. If you don't, you've already beaten yourself.