Thread: Spy Photo!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!

I just want to add another two cents worth - I apologize in advance and certainly don't mean to offend any MOPAR enthusiasts here, but as I have stated all along, I've only owned Blue Oval in my car buying career. I can't wait to change that next year, truth be told.

Anyway, my understanding has always been that Dodge has had an infamous reputation when it comes to the interior quality (or lack thereof) and reliability in most, if not all, of their models. It might not be true and I'm sure there will be numerous examples to follow trying to convince me otherwise. But this is what I have always heard and been lead to believe. Not that Ford is the best or anything like that, trust me! However, that infamous reputation has played a large part in me never buying one. I, as much as the next guy, truly hope they hit a homerun with the Challenger. I honestly believe they can and they will.

For me or anybody else to feel like the interior of a 425 horsepower muscle car should be in the same league as a Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, Acura, etc. is simply foolish. It should be comfortable; it should be sporty; it should be unique...I completely agree. But, I just hope we're not all setting the bar too high. I think our expectations are pretty high in general for this bad boy, but they shouldn't be unreasonable. If the interior is the primary reason you're buying this car, then you're probably in for a huge let down. If you want a beautiful car that will provide all the attention-getting you want and be able to run with just about anything out on the road, then the Challenger is for you. That's all I got....