Thread: Spy Photo!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 AM
WhiteHeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

I just want to add another two cents worth - I apologize in advance and certainly don't mean to offend any MOPAR enthusiasts here, but as I have stated all along, I've only owned Blue Oval in my car buying career. I can't wait to change that next year, truth be told.

Anyway, my understanding has always been that Dodge has had an infamous reputation when it comes to the interior quality (or lack thereof) and reliability in most, if not all, of their models. It might not be true and I'm sure there will be numerous examples to follow trying to convince me otherwise. But this is what I have always heard and been lead to believe. Not that Ford is the best or anything like that, trust me! However, that infamous reputation has played a large part in me never buying one. I, as much as the next guy, truly hope they hit a homerun with the Challenger. I honestly believe they can and they will.
As you predicted, Albeeno, here's an example to the contrary.

Of the eight new cars I've bought for myself in my driving lifetime, the worst interior was a Ford and the four best were all Dodges. In 1979, I bought a new Ford Mustang Turbo Cobra. Not a simple off-the-rack Mustang, but the top-of-the-line model for the era. It had a hideous bright red vinyl interior. In 1987, I bought a new Dodge Daytona Shelby Z with the best interior I've ever had. Maroon leather in a black car.

I agree there's more important things in a muscle car than the interior quality, but it can make or break a purchasing decision. In 1993 I walked away from a Camaro because the interior looked and felt like it was designed by Rubbermaid. I wound up buying a Firebird Formula, which wasn't a lot better but my wife didn't want leather, so I had to stay downscale.

All I want from an interior is comfortable, supportive seats; a dash and door panels that don't feel like Roughneck garbage cans; and a dash display that looks like it belongs in a sports car. Anything more than that is gravy!

I loved the concept interior. I hope they don't screw it up.