Thread: Spy Photo!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
cncpt2prod!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

Dodge doesn't enjoy anything close the profit margins Acura does. If they popped in an upgraded semi-sporty/semi-luxury interior, the car would cost about $4K more, putting it well out of the range of the Mustang buyers. But I agree, they should do some slight modifications to give it some uniqueness, some sporty comfort...they got to be able to do at least that for $500 more [&:]!!
OK, so if the Acura has a higher profit margin, then the cost of materials as a percentage of MSRP should be higher in the Challenger, right?

Yeah, I know I'm over-simplifying.

Anyways, I'm with you. I'd spend an extra $500 for better interior. Some cars charge extra for particular paint colors so why not an upcharge for interior material upgrades? Seems like that happened back-in-the-day. Nowadays it seems the only interior upgrade is to leather or not to leather.

I guess I meant Acura has more wiggle room to provide a better interior quality (but I'm sure it's full of complications). And yes, seems they stopped short and just matched the Charger interior when they should have done a little more. I wonder what more they could do to the dash for $500?