Thread: Memories
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:35 PM
justmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Memories

Hi Wedge Head. Thanks for the info on my ex Dodge. It was a real Engineers car in that you had to love to keep it going. Theres a strip of dual road ( at least there was 25 years ago) from the Sheiks Palace to Awali and the aim was to drive it before the music on a track from Santanna finished. This meant speeds of up to 120 mph and definately not under the ton. We did it 3 times and each time it cost me $$$$$$ to put bits right again. Scarred the panties off a few hosties as well. Bahrain was probably the most liberated place in the Gulf even in those days. I was posted to Muscat in 1976 which is why I had to sell my Challenger - you could call it "unfinished business". I still have dreams about pitching up in Bahrain and bringing her home. Gosh I wished I'd had the net in those days - there was very little advise as to how best to fix problems - one of the biggest being overheating. Also I remember being on my back under the bitch changing an oil pump on my birthday. Temps in the 90s and humidity at 90%. Cheers for now JM