View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
mopar2ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Auto Sleuth

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i really dont think that CAFE will do anything except for tack more guzzler tax onto the sticker price...
May be right in some respects... however, Chrysler and any other manufacturers out of compliance will be fined, which will in turn be passd on to the consumer along with GG tax. This will become progressively more expensive as time goes until consumers become unable or unwilling to pay. I also feel like there is a drive in people concerning the "Green Initiatives" that is likely to generate a stigma in certain circles that will grow larger and larger as time goes on. As for alternative fuels, it seems like the industry and consumers are getting ripe for fuel solutions other than our traditional petro products. As the industry takes off it will leave internal cumbustion gasoline engines in the dust. My guess is there will be a dramatic change in the traditional fuel delivery systems (gas stations) as we know them, which in turn will make fueling cars with gasoline few and far between, and more specialized and expensive. Sure, all these things may take some time to come about, but eventually, they will come about. Question is... how eventually??