Old 02-03-2008, 04:47 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No SRT lifetime Powertrain limited warranty

Surely if you've owned Chrysler's, you've tried to get warranty work done right? It can be an adventure in itself. With that said, I still believe that difference is going to make more than a few folks, self included, reconsider the R/T over the SRT. Hence in a previous discussion, we were devising easily reversible mods to tweak power but change back for warranty work on an R/T.

I can kind of understand their reasoning, however. Here's my take on their decision to do this. They don't want people to baby their SRT's they want them to use them how they are supposed to be used. Most would agree, driving a car like a race car is a fairly abusive manner for a normal car. Enjoyable, but abusive all the same. If people buy these performance vehicles and don't get the experience out of them, they won't completely enjoy them. Conversely, if they do drive them the way they are intended, they really can't expect normal long miles to be racked up. This makes sense right?

Kind of like a Lamborghini, which remember Chrysler owned at one point mid 80's and also built cars with Maserati the T&C, but back to the lambo analogy, when one purchases a lambo, they know this thing is going to be in the shop, because you typically get performance or reliability, except oddly enough honda's you typically can get both. For the record, I'm not a honda enthusiast, but I do have to give it up to them on that account.