View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patience or Mercy?

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

The best team in NFL history is still the Miami Dolphins. 17 and 0 undefeated including the Superbowl.
Agreed. The only team to achieve "perfection" over the course of an "entire season".

ORIGINAL: Albeeno
....our offense was terrible and we basically got out-coached. Brady gets sacked 5 times ......
Your offense wasn't terrible. The Giants' defense was incredible! It's tough to run plays successfully with the other team in your backfield all game long!
.... I'm not here to blame any one particular person - but I guess I will anyway...had Samuel caught that interception in the 4th, NE would have won. End of story. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the NE fans, that wasn't the case.
Please....coulda, shoulda, woulda. No excuses, now. They were simply outplayed on BOTH sides of the ball.

Gotta say, you sound a lot like my 13 year old who made similar statements after the game (yeah, he's a Pats fan too).
I'll tell you the same thing I told him......
The Giants ALMOST (shoulda, woulda, coulda) beat the Patriots in week 18 (game 17) of the regular season, but they didn't pull it off. Are you trying to say the Patriots didn't learn from the last regular season game and made almost all of the SAME MISTAKES IN THE SUPERBOWL THAT THEY MADE IN THE LAST REGULAR SEASON GAME??? Apparently the Giants learned. And apparently, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL!
This CAN'T be THAT MUCH OF A SURPRISE! The Giants were the toughest team the Patriots faced all year.

Be careful with the RedSox predictions! No, I'm not a Yankee fan (hate them, actually), but isn't "one HUGE serving of crow" enough for one year?!?!?!