View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INTERIOR PICS!!

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
I don't see really any similarities to the Avenger, to the Charger, yes, to the Avenger. no.
Actually I was just using the Avenger as a bit of a metaphor. And funny you should mention a Charger similarity - if you look closely, that dash is really just a Charger dashboard with a nip and tuck here and there. The gauge layout is identical (even the gauges themselves are identical, those are straight out of an SRT8 Charger). The cruise control lever, turn signal stalk, the HVAC controls... all Charger knockoffs. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing... but nothing the least bit distinctive either like we were lead to believe it would be.

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
In the future, please use cleaner references when you talk about wanting to kick the bean counter. If you ever do meet the bean counter punch him for me as wheel over the telemetry meter, and an extra time for using hard plastics on the new cars, and another extra time for not updating the V6 line and keeping the 2.7L and not the 3.2L, and another time for using other companies platforms for all of the car line.
Believe me I'd relish the chance to kick/yell/punch/scream at a Chrysler bean counter for lots of things. Their last few offerings have been ALMOST great, with the exception of lame engines like the Caliber (except the SRT4), Avenger and so on. I'd like to know why Chrysler felt the need to horrifically uglify the Sebring - Chrysler, despite opportunites to the contrary, keeps BLOWING IT. And now it looks like the might do it with the Challenger too - which (in my opinion at least) was supposed to be their saving grace.

Dodge could have just put the Charger dashboard in the Challenger concept from the gitgo if that's all it was really going to do in the first place. [:@]

Sorry for the rant and the thread jack. That is all.