View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INTERIOR PICS!!

ORIGINAL: Yankee

In the Camaro's case, that's a GOOD thing. That was the car's biggest downfall in my book. That dash in my opinion was hideous, especially those dash gauges with those huge numerals that looked like they were lifted intact from a 1950s Buick. And I was never a fan of the console gauges either (yes I know the 1967-69 Camaros had them, but they were a dumb idea back then too). One of the best things the Challenger had (HAD) going for it was its awesome and distinctive interior.

Again, not that the Charger has a bad dashboard, but I think it's a bit of a slap in the face to the Challenger to give it a Charger-knockoff interior. I have no idea what a new Camaro's interior will be like, but I'm sure GM won't insult their Camaro fans and saddle it with an Impala-like dashboard. [:'(]
Yankee, I have to agree with you about the gauges in the Camaro. I absolutely hate those things as well. I agree it would have been nice if they could have stuck with the concept but from the beginning, I anticipated that the dashes would be similar but not exactly the same, which they are not exactly the same, just similar.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts