Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
2009 R/T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Ok so I read the fist few posts and dont feel the need to read anymore... I'm 20 and bearly feel I should have a car like this. The only reason I'm going to get one is because I have been around cars for a long while and will be paying for EVERYTHING myself. I'm even waiting for the 2009 R/T to come out as the SRT-8 is just overkill with its MPG.

It sounds like you and your friends are a bit spoiled... Nothing against you but this isnt your car! Nor any car above maybe 200hp... If you really feel the need to have a nice "fast" far then my advice would be pick up a low to mid range import and get some experience with cars. There is a lot of fun little projects you can do to improve your car and maybe you will learn a thing or two and gain the experience needed to "somewhat" handle a car like this when you get a bit older (20/21)

All and all I can honestly say I don't want someone as young as you driving a car like this on the streets not only for your safety but for my own and everyone else.

Oh and the expected price for the SRT-8 for its first year of production is around 50-60k... I'm sure you know its a limited production auto and since its also the first one out there will be a considerable markup. I have been in contact with more than a few dealerships that say they will have a 15-20k markup... Not something I think you can afford...

ONE MORE THING! If you really like the challenger wait until 2009 and get the V6... That may be a somewhat acceptable option for someone your age and it will cost considerably less...

Please just don't feel the need to be racing or passing everyoneee... Theres always local drag strips for that stuff.