Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
threefidee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Keep in mind, the dealers are not setting the prices, the customers are (you and me). If we are willing to pay 20 over then that is what they are going to sell for. Our local Dodge dealer has other dealers calling them all the time offering our local dealer way above sticker so they can have their car to sell to one of their customers. This happened at our Ford store on the Mustangs and I am not talking about the Shelby's but the new body style 2005 Mustangs, V-6's to the GT's. In 2006 things settled down but I guess you would have to compare the Challenger (SRT8 model anyways) to the GT 500. They actually made way more first year GT 500's than they will Challenger SRT8 models for 2008 and they still bring quite a bit over sticker. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how many of the 30,000 will be the SRT8 model (comparing it to the GT 500) as top dog. I am sure the V-6 models will be easier on the wallet but will be sticker plus I would guess but the sticker will be a lot less. 30,000 cars divided among (not sure how many Dodge dealers are out there) the dealers is still not a ton of cars per dealer to play with.

Jody