Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan attempting to reduce markups on GT-R orders

Obviously, I don't want to be gouged. But, I am still a firm believer in free market dynamics and supply and demand.

I think that Chrysler is allowing dealers to run their own groove, so that if they can make some cash on someone willing to pay, go for it. Think about it...it's been lean times for Chrysler dealers over the years, anyone still around, should be allowed to reap as much profit as the market will allow.

IMHO, the only way Chrysler should attempt to keep the price toward a targeted lower area for the intended consumer, is to PRODUCE at MAX CAPACITY. Multiple plants. If you can realize a fair margin for each unit, then logic only dictates you should rip out any barriers that could impede any consumer willing to pay MSRP from getting his, and CHRYSLER getting much needed profit on each unit. (then funnel that money back into R&D to not only improve product making it more attractive still, but improve process of production to increase margin and reduce creation time, read no more status quo).