Old 02-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan attempting to reduce markups on GT-R orders

Well, from what I hear our laws play a part as to why the manufacturer really can't step in and stop the dealers from selling above MSRP. And from what I can tell, people are still saying that this is a nostalgic thing, being that the older crowd will be the only crowd that will really come after the Challenger, people who want to relive the old days. So far that's the only audience that I can see targeted for this vehicle, though I would like one. GT-R seems to be targeted at a larger audience.

I don't believe that Chrysler really thinks that they are going to sell a lot of these and I don't think that they believe that they are going to come close to the sales of the Mustang. Many other people here also believe the same thing. That being said, I don't think Chrysler will try to stop the stealers from making all the money that they can and I don't think that this car is really going to be produced in mass unfortunately. I would really hope that I'm wrong, but we'll see with time.

Meant to add also, as for direct buy from the manufacturer, I believe we have laws against that also. Not totally sure on that one, but I believe I have heard that somewhere or I believe that there wouldn't be any need for dealerships. Just order your car online and it's delivered to a central location near you.