View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
tonkindodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Here is the car professional's opinion:

I have been in the auto industry all my life. I have been a Fleet manager for about 15 years. Our dealership in Portland Oregon has four of the Challengers in C status. I tell everyone that calls me on them that buying a Challenger expecting it to be a collector's car is highly speculative. For people that only want to buy one to drive around and aren't wanting to put it in a museum then wait for the 2009. The 2009 will be no big deal, just a regular production car. It you are looking for collectibility, then the first year and last year of a production run are your best odds. Those are the ones who want the first/latest/best and they do pay a premium. The prices are set by supply and demand. Beach property will often sell for a premium due to limited supply and this is no different.

I doubt you will see any bargains on these limited-edition 2008s. Bargain hunters should wait for 2009. Also, for those who want a manual transmission, look at this page from the Chrysler dealer news:

“DRAG” YOUR CHALLENGER
Mopar Offers 1st Drag Race-Only Factory Package in 40 Years
Mopar is ratcheting up the interest and excitement surrounding the launch of the 2008 Challenger by offering a special factory package, built for NHRA-sanctioned Stock Eliminator drag racing. Availability is anticipated to begin during the first quarter of 2008 and will offer a host of features, including:
— Unique Serial Number Sequence
— Lightweight front fascia support system
— Variations of current HEMI® and 5.9L
Magnum® engines
— Automatic or manual transmission
— Composite lift-off hood with functional scoop
— Lightweight cooling module with electric fan
— Special modified drop-out front crossmember
— Lightweight drag race-only front brake assembly
— Seats to accommodate six-point harness
— Special Body-in-White modified for drag racing
No “Frills” & 800 lbs Lighter than the Production Vehicle
This is one serious package that does away with such frills as windshield wipers, power windows,
HVAC System, sound deadener and rear seats to create one lightweight and intense racing machine.
Be sure to visit the Mopar exhibit during the 2008 NADA convention and discover how you
can order one of these “bad boys” for your serious motorsports enthusiasts.

Ken Ray
Fleet Manager

[IMG]local://upfiles/1231/EC991057AAC24D0A8BF32397D8134A0F.jpg[/IMG]