Old 02-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head-to-Head Comparison: 2008 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Jeremiah,

Very interesting comparison / article. Thank you very much for posting.

What I took from this: In a nutshell - It's gonna cost ya roughly $13 - 14K more to beat the Mustang GT by 0.2 seconds (0-60) and be nose-to-nose with it all the way thru the 1/4 mile (if the Challenger is lucky). Nice... I'd be absolutely kicking myself right now if I bought / ordered a Challenger!

I have to be honest, I'm having a lot of second thoughts right now about buying one, myself. The SRT8 is probably a little too rich for my blood anyway, but the R/T is in my price range. Now why the hell would I spend $31-$32K on an R/T Challenger only to watch a 5th generation Mustang (which I'd be trading in) absolutely, unequivocally....blow my doors off?!?!?! Looks? (I don't know - I'd put the Mustang's looks up against the Challenger's any day of the week (they're both beautiful)...and there's not even a comparison when it comes to the interior). Price? Not exactly... Practicality? They're both RWD, 2-door V8s...not much practicality there. Performance? I don't think so, the top-shelf Challneger is 0.2 seconds faster than the entry-level V8 Mustang! Can somebody please help me out? I really do like the Challenger, but I'm struggling right now to make sense of this.

Now I perfectly understand that it's not all about performance. I get it! There are certain other factors that come into play, but performance is a pretty big one...let's be honest. Even with all that power and the "semi-Hemi" breathing thru big bore plumbing, the wimpy little 4.6 L V8 that Ford puts in the Mustangs, really ain't lookin too bad right now...